BrowseAloud helps website visitors who require online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
Look, click, listen!
BrowseAloud features are accessed from an easy to use toolbar. Activate the toolbar by clicking the BrowseAloud link at the top of the page.
Options on the toolbar include:
- Hover To Speak Mode
- Speak The Current Selection
- Translate Page
- MP3 Maker
- Screen Mask
- Text Magnifier
- Help describe features of toolbar
What BrowseAloud can do for you
- reads web pages aloud in a natural-sounding voice
- read secure web pages
- reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
- highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- magnify text to your chosen font size and font style
- translate word-for-word between English, French, Spanish, German and Italian
- look up accurate dictionary definitions
- mask information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
- convert text to MP3