The Good Neighbour Award is an open call for all citizens to nominate a good neighbour whose actions create a vibrant and connected neighbourhood. It is important to recognize the simple acts of human kindness that occur between neighbours, making Pickering a place we are proud to call home.
Who are Good Neighbours?
Good neighbours help to build connections between people and create a sense of community. Good Neighbours can be individuals of any age, couples, or families.
Examples of a Good Neighbour can be:
- they cut your grass
- they shovelled the snow from your sidewalk
- they offered a helping hand when it was needed
Why Recognize a Good Neighbour?
To simply say thank you, and encourage others to lend a helping hand in their neighbourhood. We will feature your story on our facebook page, and send a certificate and letter of appreciation from the Mayor and your Ward Councillors.
How to Recognize Your Neighbour
- Pickering City Hall
- Pickering Central Library
- Pickering Recreation Complex
- Petticoat Creek Community Centre
- Claremont Community Centre
- lives in Pickering
- contributes to a positive community spirit
- works toward the neighbourhood's well-being and the quality of life in the neighbourhood
- works to enhance the beauty or safety of their neighbourhood
- is simply a kind and helpful neighbour whose actions have impacted you personally