Help Us Shape The Future of Pickering Museum Village
Pickering Museum Village staff are conducting focus group sessions and surveys to collect public feedback as they work to develop a new Strategic Plan for the museum.
Want more programs for seniors? Looking for world-class exhibits to save a drive into Toronto? Yearning for a place where you can discuss critical issues facing society? Maybe you want a place to share ideas and skills with people of similar interests. Now is the chance to voice what you would like your community museum to be.
Have your say by completing a quick survey online!
Engaging communities through innovative, fun, and vibrant living history.
Pickering Museum Village welcomes our guests to explore and experience our cultural heritage. We dedicate our buildings, artifacts, and programs to inspire a broader appreciation of life in our communities from 1810-1920.
- accuracy of interpretation
- access to all
- welcoming guest experience
- respectful workplace
- to engage and strengthen community connections by:
- building, enhancing, and engaging community partners
- expanding and developing our site to support our mission and improve guest services
- using new technology solutions to engage all sectors
to build professional practice and sustainability of our Collections and Conservation by:
- increasing funding and revenue
- fully representing and preserving Pickering's history from 1810-1920
- ingraining and establishing museum best practice, preservation, conservation, and sustainability
to build on our expertise in the areas of Education and Interpretation by:
- building and sustaining educational partnerships
- enhancing volunteer experience and skills development
- building and broadening programming to deliver our mission
to create a focused approach and partnerships with Marketing and Tourism by:
- building and developing a marketing plan
- raising awareness and increase attendance through access and partnerships with tourism sectors
- improving facilities and amenities for guests