Imagine a park with your group's name on it. It's easy; all you have to do is Adopt a Park and commit to keeping it clean.
The Adopt a Park program encourages families, businesses, schools and community groups to become actively involved in their local parks. By keeping this area clean, you will be promoting a positive image and discouraging litter.
To recognize your group's efforts, a special sign will be erected in your adopted park, featuring the group's name, and a Certificate of Recognition from the Mayor will be presented to your group.
As an Adopt a Park partner, your group will:
- coordinate a minimum of 3 cleanups per year
- report any vandalism
- regularly visit your park to monitor its upkeep and report maintenance requirements to the City
The City of Pickering will:
- help you choose an appropriate park
- provide you with free cleanup supplies
- help with maintenance requirements
- erect a recognition sign in the park
- provide a certificate of appreciation
Where do I get more information?