What are some of the actions the City is taking to green public spaces?
- developed an Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM)
- supports the naturalization of areas
- uses drought-tolerant grasses in landscaping
- uses all-natural fertilizers
- experiments with alternatives such as horticultural vinegar
- practises proper lawn and garden care through aerating, overseeding, regular checks, water management through irrigation systems and raised mowing heights
- educates residents and businesses through information displays, events and workshops