How to do business with the City
The City of Pickering purchases an estimated 30 million dollars worth of goods and services annually through a fair, open and transparent process that achieves best value for your tax dollars.
Purchasing is administered by our Supply & Services Section which acts as a liaison between vendors and the City.
Our objectives include, but are not limited to, the following:
- obtaining the best value of goods and services
- selecting responsive and responsible suppliers
- fostering open and fair competition
We encourage vendors to complete the Supplier Application form to ensure we have your most current information in our database.
- Current Bid Opportunities & Bid Results
- Purchasing Policy
- Supplier Application
- How to Sell to the City
- G.I.P.P.E.R. Guide to Environmental Purchasing
- WSIB Construction Requirements
Standard Documents & Forms
- Certificate of Insurance Form
- Indemnification & Insurance Acknowledgement Form
- Health & Safety Regulations Acknowledgment Form
- Standard Quotation Terms & Conditions (Formal Quotation)
- Accessibility Regulations for Contracted Services
- Having difficulty viewing an online form? Visit our help page.
Legislation requires that all contractors providing goods, services or construction to the City shall ensure their employees and sub-contractors are trained on providing accessible customer service.
The City is committed to accessibility through the following provincial statute:
- Accessibiilty for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005
- View these regulations and standards online
- O. Reg. 191/11 Integrated Accessibility Standards
- O. Reg. 430/07 Exemption from Reporting Requirements
- O. Reg. 429/07 Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
- Ontario Public Buyers Association
- Durham Purchasing Cooperative Group:
Comprised of various public sector agencies in Durham Region, the group's purpose is to consolidate common goods or services and solicit bids on a collective basis.
- Canadian Public Procurement Council
- Purchasing Management Association of Canada