A permit is required to ensure that the proposed pool meets applicable fencing requirements according to the City of Pickering By-law 6943/09. Please see below for further details.
- Guidelines: Applying for Pool Enclosure Permit
- By-law 6943/09
- Sample Letters
- Sample Drawings
- Application for Swimming Pool Enclosure Permit
Note: If the application form doesn't open in your web browser, right-click the link to save the file to your computer and open it with Adobe Reader.
Effective April 1, 2015, the cost of the Pool Enclosure permit is $350.00. If you are replacing your existing enclosure, a permit is required. Minor repairs to existing enclosures do not require a permit.
The Pool Enclosure Application will be completed at the Engineering & Public Works Department counter when you come to City Hall.
You will need to provide the following:
- project details including, the street address, and location of the construction access i.e. from street above, adjacent property or other street
- if the pool is above ground or inground, and whether the enclosure is existing or new
- applicant's name and contact information. The owner's name if different from applicant
- a minimum refundable damage deposit of $1,000.00 will be required (for inground pool construction) when you come in to apply for a Pool Enclosure Permit (there may be an additional cost if the access is from a park, open space etc.).
- typically, above ground pool installation does not require the use of heavy equipment and as such, the refundable deposit requirement is waived.