Fire Training Section is overseen by the Deputy Chief, Administration who provides direction to the Chief Training Officer, Training Officer and shift trainers.
The Fire Training Section is responsible for the following:
- develop and coordinate the delivery of all training programs
- manage the overall training environment
- assess the performance of personnel by setting, administering and marking examinations, attending emergency incidents, evaluating practical skills, and by providing feedback
- monitor and evaluate ongoing training programs
- research and evaluate policies, procedures, techniques and equipment
- conduct career development activities for Fire Suppression personnel
- maintain training records and prepare comprehensive reports
- maintain training manuals and reference materials
- actively participate in the promotional processes
- maintain equipment as assigned and assist with the research, design and acquisition of new apparatus and equipment
Photo Gallery: Operations Training Photo will appear here on the public site.