We have by-laws in place to set standards for property maintenance and usage, and to encourage considerate and respectful relationships between people who live and work in Pickering.
See below for an overview of some of our most commonly asked about By-laws.
Search our Corporate Records for a complete listing of all City By-laws.
- Accessory Buildings & Structures
- Basement Apartments/Two-Unit Houses
- Basketball & Hockey Nets, Skateboard Ramps, etc.
- Boulevard Maintenance
- Building Permits - decks, sheds & garages, structural alterations, etc.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Drainage & Grading
- Driveway Widening & Curb Cuts
- Fences and Fence Cost Sharing
- Fill & Topsoil Disturbance
- Garbage & Recycling
- Home Based Businesses
- Ice & Snow Clearing
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Parking - On-street
- Parking - Residential Properties
- Pet Licensing
- Property Standards & Clean Yards
- Responsible Pet Ownership
- Swimming Pools
- Tree Protection
- Vehicle Idling
- West Nile Virus - Standing Water