Visit our Found Pets Page to see if your lost pet is currently at our shelter. If your pet is not at our shelter, please submit a Lost Pet report where you can upload a picture of your lost pet for everyone to see.
All animals are housed at the Pickering Animal Services shelter. We are located at 1688 Highway 7, Brougham (just west of Brock Road).
* Please note that an impound fee is charged for any animal picked up and brought to our shelter. We accept Debit, Visa and Mastercard (cash is not accepted).
Tips to help you find your lost pet
- post advertisements, preferably with a picture, of the missing pet in local pet stores, businesses and the local newspapers
- visit local animal centres, veterinary clinics, and humane societies, as well as checking back with us on a regular basis
If you find your missing pet, please let us know so we can remove them from our records as a missing animal.
If you find a stray dog or cat
Call us at 905.683.7575 so we can check if the owner has reported the missing animal. If we cannot find the owner, arrangements will be made to have an Animal Services staff pick the animal up.
TIP - check to see if the animal has a tag, if so, please have this information ready for when you call us.
Once the animal is in our possession, we:
- scan for a microchip
- continue monitoring our lost animal records
- if no owner is found we transport the animal to our Animal Shelter
- we will post a photo of the animal to our Lost Animal Site within 24 hours of impoundment
We were featured in the DurhamRegion.com "Your Life" video series. Watch the video to find out what you should do if you find a lost pet.