Proclamations are a ceremonial document designating a given period of time (special day, week or month) to recognize the efforts and commitments of an individual, event or organization that enhances our community.
Proclamations encourage public awareness and provide recognition for events, achievements and activities that are significant to the City of Pickering.
Proclamations can be issued for:
- arts celebrations
- cultural or religious celebrations in consultation with the Advisory Committee on Diversity
- charitable fundraising campaigns
- civic promotions
- public awareness campaigns
- to honour individuals, institutions or organizations for special achievement(s)
Proclamations will not be issued for:
- political parties or political organizations
- promotion of business or commercial enterprise
- if the intent is contrary to corporate policies or by-laws
- if the intent is to defame the integrity of the City
- if the event or organization has no direct interest or relationship to the City
Submit your request for proclamation at least 3 weeks prior to the desired proclamation period.
We post all proclamations on our website. View a list of current proclamations.
For more information, please contact the Council Office.